Thursday, December 1, 2016

#LIGHTtheWORLD Day 1 - Rendering service to others


The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints has issued a challenge for every day prior to Christmas to live our lives as the Savior would and to share that light with others.  In addition to posting the video presentation, I was trying to think of a person way I could do it and take advantage of my blog.  While I could write about how I might be doing it, I thought I would take each day, and write about how I've seen others do it, whether to me or to someone else.

Day 1 talks about rendering service.  I am the recipient of it often, but I was thinking back in August of 2013 when I took my job at Salt Lake County as the Director of the Office of Regional Development.  A co-worker who really looked out for me and got me set up to be successful. Her name is Karen Lowe.  She worked with me in the County Mayor's office.  From the start she would make sure I had what I needed, knew exactly how to request or have something done for me.  Every time I looked lost or wondered how I would do this new job, she helped me with logistical needs that just made me feel like I could do it.  I valued the conversations she shared and she was kind enough to listen to me.  While Karen has since retired, I think often of the blessing her service was in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment