Friday, December 2, 2016

#LIGHTtheWORLD - Day 2 Honoring one's parents


I feel like I have two sets of parents now, my own - Robert and Verda Mae Christensen and also my in-laws, Frank  & Lois Nielsen.  The only one I still have left, is my mother-in-law, but she is the best Grandma in the world to my children and the rock of Cathy's family.  We cherish her days with us still on earth and while she gets after me from time to time when I pay for things or do things on her house, it's only because I know the Savior would not only want me to do it, but he expects me to do it.  Just like he asked James to look after his mother, I know he would want me to do the same.



I've written two blogs about my own parents, Robert Christensen and Verda Mae Christensen.  I love them both, and both blogs are consistently in my top 10 blogs.  They were wonderful examples to me and I'm ever so grateful to have them in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment