Sunday, May 6, 2012

25 and Counting!

25 and counting you might ask, is that how long I've been married?  No that's nearly 22 and I'm still trying to figure out how we celebrate the 25 when it comes.  Was that my ACT score?  Well actually it was, but then it went down when I took it the second time.  Was it the balance in my checking account?  Oh no, that's not that good!  It was the pounds I've lost since I started My Heart Challenge with Intermountain Medical Center.  That puts me about half way to my goal for the 100 day challenge but I know that I have a lot of hard days still to come. 

This week I had actually gained about 3 lbs over what I weighed in at earlier in the week, so I not only had to lose those, but another three to get to my 25.  A few challenges, with the weight loss, but problems I don't mind having.  1) I don't need to undo my pants anymore, they just fall down when I undo the belt (note to self - don't undo the belt in public), 2) I needed a new suit before I began, and now I really need it, but will it need to be smaller before I order it? and 3) my friends are getting tired of me explaining the composition of the food they're eating. 

I actually broke the 4 mph walk this week and it felt pretty good and broke my stretch bands doing resistance exercises.  Can I tell you, it hurts when those things break!  I may need to breakdown and go use the rec center before I'm done, but it has been nice to do some of those in my home.

On a side note, I took Cathy on one of those romantic dates I'm known for doing.  For example, how many guys do you know who took their spouse out with a night with the Vice Squad?  Yeah, you guessed it, Mr. Romantic! Well this wasn't quite as exciting but I did take her to watch the 24 hour a day project to redo the Trax intersection at South Temple and 400 West.  An extremely complicated project, with an hour by hour schedule and many deadlines to meet, it's a very challenging one with few times for delay.  Hey, while we didn't get to Nordstroms, Cathy did get her very own orange construction vest and hard hat.  How many girls have a set of those in their wardrobe?




No comments:

Post a Comment