Sunday, August 14, 2011

Sunday in Seattle

While we had intentions to the contrary, Church Services for us today was too far away for us, in order to effectively arrive to the dock in time for our cruise.  In the absence of that opportunity, we decided to hold our own family/church experience here in our hotel room.  While we didn't have the chance to partake of the Sacrament, we did listen to a great talk by President Uchtdorf off my laptop.  Sarah organized everything, including a program, announcements and work assignments.  It more than reminded me of Church and the spirit was present.  I miss being at my own Ward, partaking of the Sacrament, but so grateful for the opportunity of being with my family, soon to be my extended family on board, and to know of my Heavenly Father's love for me and my family.  I was remind of what a great talk President Uchtdorf gave.

I want others to know that I do have a testimony, that giving of my own service to others helps me realize that my lot is not as bad as I would think and that often the answers I'm searching for are in the needs and helping of others.  The most discouraging thing of watching some in public service is watching their selfish reactions and games for political gain.  Instead of trying to find solutions, they look at how to undermine others and so often, I don't see the Christ-like actions I would hope to find.  I'm far from perfect and it reminds me that I have room for improvement.  Others may not be ready to accept the gospel and doctrines in which I believe, but I do want them to know that I know the Gospel of Jesus Christ is true, and hoping that one day, my life reflects it.

President Uchtdorf's Talk

No comments:

Post a Comment